8.23.2011

A Late-Summer Morning


This morning I was having trouble getting out of bed to go to work. School is starting soon and there is an impending busy-ness that comes with that. Today I just wanted to hang out in my apartment and listen to music and read a book.


Two things managed to turn my mood around this morning. One was a delicious mini watermelon that was as tasty as it was colourful. The second was my new tote from Bookhou that I picked up this weekend from the store on Dundas West. While I was in the shop I got to meet Piper and Lliam who I see so often on the bookhou at home blog.


I'm looking forward to fall, the sweaters and scarfs and warm tea all make it my favourite season, but for the first time I can remember I'm also feeling a little bit of sadness at seeing what was a wonderful summer come to an end. I know there are still plenty of hot summer-y days ahead but the evenings have begun to cool off, a sure sign of fall on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here...